The Exiled

Shunned by Man, Accepted by Gods
* FAQ    * Search   * Members
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 am 

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Board index » General Area » Help Desk
Post new topic Reply to topic Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests
Author

Post Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Registering server / Meltdown Classic

Hello all!

I am returning to the Tribes scene after being gone for about 8 years... I tried to log into a server maybe 3-4 years ago to no avail, so I thought it was dead. Anyway, I used to help run a Meltdown Classic server and have a couple issues/forgotten info/problems I was hoping I could get some help on.

First, I can't seem to get my server to register with the master server (t1m1.masters.tribesmasterserver.com). I have port 28000-28003 TCP and UDP forwarded in my Sonicwall router to my server. Used to, I'd see two entries for my server in the list... one with the local IP and one with the public IP. Right now I only see the local IP. On a side note, I have removed all of the "default" master servers and added only the new one, but I have to re-enter it everytime I start Tribes.

The only other issue I have at the moment... Meltdown classic has the mini-reactor backpack. It is a monsterous thing. We used to do a patch/hack/change to make the pack appear smaller in-game. I don't remember what it was we did, and I can't find ANY info about it on the web. I'm hoping someone may remember.

And to [DB]Dragon, if you see this, I hope I can talk you into getting back into the scene as well... You are a good friend and we made a great team.

[DB]Mordanthanus

Top Offline
Author

Post Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Re: Registering server / Meltdown Classic

To bring you up to speed. The Dynamix division of Sierra was dissolved, Sierra merged with Vivendi Universal, Vivendi Universal merged with Activision. Vivendi was dissolved and Sierra was then owned by Activision. Sierra was dissolved and now it's just Activision. On July 16, 2007, Sierra Entertainment announced that they would cease online support of Tribes starting on August 16th, 2007. However, the master server was still active after this date. Several months later, those masters went offline as well. There are several community masters, though I hear one of them is about to shut down. To find out how to register your server with one of the new masters, see this page: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2022
All of the community masters pull lists from each other, so registering with one will get you on all of them.

Top Offline
Profile WWWICQYIM
Author

Post Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Registering server / Meltdown Classic

Thanks very much for the info, Nox. That actually answered a bunch of questions that I was feeling too lazy to find out... hehehe

Anyway, I checked out that topic you posted and changed the line in ServerPrefs.cs. When I do a lookup of servers, I am still only showing the entry with the local IP. The one with my public IP is still not there... in other words, no one else can see my server. I know that ServerPrefs is where Tribes gets it's master server to register with, so I am unsure why this would not work. And I checked with my ISP (Charter) and they do not block ports 28000-28003 for hosting.

I do appreciate your help...

[DB]Mordanthanus

Top Offline
Author

Post Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: Registering server / Meltdown Classic

You may need to delete the server prefs file in the Temp folder before it will go into effect.

Top Offline
Profile WWWICQYIM
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Page 1 of 1