The Exiled

Shunned by Man, Accepted by Gods
* FAQ    * Search   * Members
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:33 am 

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Board index » General Area » General Discussion
Post new topic Reply to topic Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests
Author

Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:33 pm    Post subject: T1 Disclauncher model

Anyone happen to have the 3DS max file of the T1 disclauncher? The below link has a number of weapons, but not the disc.

http://library.theexiled.pwnageservers. ... hp?id=2688

Top Offline
Author

Post Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: T1 Disclauncher model

Unfortunately, Dynamix did not provide all the weapons, so those are the only ones we have, and no one has made the ever elusive DTS importer. I did go through the armor models, to see if they left one in there, but they only had the shotgun.

Top Offline
Profile WWWYIM
Author

Post Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: T1 Disclauncher model

Thanks anyway. I'm in contact with someone who was able to convert the DTS shapes to OBJ for Starsiege. I'll see if that leads anywhere.

Top Offline
Author

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: T1 Disclauncher model

Starsiege guys were able to help me out. :wink:

https://i.imgur.com/kCzRUJv.png

Just gotta finish getting these last few textures mapped.

Top Offline
Author

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: T1 Disclauncher model

Very nice.

Can you share the importer?

Top Offline
Profile WWWYIM
Author

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: T1 Disclauncher model

https://github.com/3space-studio/3space ... /tag/0.5.0

Might do a few more weapons, perhaps even all the models if I don't lose my sanity. Would be cool to have all T1 models in a modern format. At the moment you do have to manually map the textures in a program like Blender. Fortunately these are models from the 90's, so not a ton of faces/polygons. I did run into some problem areas though - things not lining up 100%. Also not sure if I can get the animations exported. They are mentioned in the exporter program, but not sure how to view them in Blender (if they are even there).

edit: Okay, found a way to get the textures working much faster. You need to flip the current texture file(s) vertically. Then they should line right up in Blender. Saves a crapload of time.

Top Offline
Author

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: T1 Disclauncher model

The .obj format does not support animations, so they'll have to use something else, like .fbx if they want to export the animations. Also, it looks like there is something wrong with the exported .obj, other than the texture issue. Blender can import it, but 3ds Max 2021 imports it as a bunch of triangles.

Top Offline
Profile WWWYIM
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Page 1 of 1