The Exiled

Shunned by Man, Accepted by Gods
* FAQ    * Search   * Members
* Login   * Register
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:44 pm 

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Board index » General Area » General Discussion
Post new topic Reply to topic Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
Author

Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: TA Broadside Released

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPO25lVe2tc

Brace yourself for the nostalgia, it's Broadside! It's finally done, and I uploaded a video of what it looks like. Please don't critique too hard on the videography, I've never made map showcases or montages. I'm just trying to show you what the map looks like.

I ended up making it a CTFBlitz map because of the nature of TA's gameplay. However, the 4th flag location is the one used in Blastside, and the final flag location is the true Broadside flag location. Some other minor changes I added, to make the map more noob friendly, because this is TA, are extra inventory stations placed upstairs by the chute that goes up to the top lobby. Most mappers usually added inventories there anyway. I also added two repair stations in the gen room, one of each side of the two doors that come from the top area.

I tried to put two generators in, however, TA isn't designed to support more than one generator. What happens is when you blow up one generator, it thinks the power is down, there's no way to tell it there's another one online. If someone can tell me how to change that via Kismet, let me know and I will.

Elevators! I have working elevators, they are linked to the gen, so if the gen is offline, they stop. They will also crush you.

I also added an extra Broaside base, floating outside of the bounds, it's the original base, original textures, just for extra feels. I thought about adding in the Crossfire ship opposite from it to have the old and the new, but I didn't want to add more stuff in.

I updated the BaseAssets package in our file library. Everything works like it should. Thanks to Kate for her help with letting me know how it should work. We had to change some of the code to get them to work in the UDK editor and in-game.

For more info on hosting a server, joining a server, making a map, etc, look here:
http://wiki.theexiled.pwnageservers.com ... Ascend/SDK

Special Thanks to:
Noxwizard, Braveskin, Archness, Altimor, Fixious, and HirezKate.

Download:
http://library.theexiled.pwnageservers. ... hp?id=2959

Top Offline
Profile WWWYIM
Author

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: TA Broadside Released

G'Day TE-Krogoth,

Just want to say thanks for all you've done with the assets and this map.

We played a decently sized game of it today on the community servers using a "Mixer" ruleset(chain/hitscan banned), VoIP for each team ect.

This was a heap of fun. Genuinely had a incredible time. One of the players will upload his point of view and I'll link it here in case you wanted to see. Felt like a huge battle inside the base to get the flag out.

Is it alright if I adjust some of the in-map collisions and reupload? There is one spot a heavy is unable to make it through in a corridor.

Top Offline
Author

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: TA Broadside Released

I'm glad people are playing the map and having fun with it.

If you modify the collision mesh, you will need to save it in its own asset package, and when you put it in the map, you will need to save the map with a new name so people know they need different assets. If you want to send it to me when you're done, I can upload it to the library. If there are any other custom maps y'all want hosted, send them to me and I'll upload them too.

Top Offline
Profile WWWYIM
Author

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: TA Broadside Released

Here's the recording: https://youtu.be/AsVXrfVjS9I

Top Offline
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Page 1 of 1