The Exiled

Shunned by Man, Accepted by Gods
* FAQ    * Search   * Members
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:48 am 

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Board index » General Area » General Discussion
Post new topic Reply to topic Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 225 guests
Author

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Well, you do have to add in the prices of games and exter stuff like controllers, but it's still a buttload cheaper than buying crap for a PC.

Top Offline
Author

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject:

TE-4ev3r wrote:
Well, you do have to add in the prices of games and exter stuff like controllers, but it's still a buttload cheaper than buying crap for a PC.

You still have to buy games for a PC, but it's cheaper if you buy games for a console if you buy 'em at a place like Gamestop. Buying used games can save you up to $10 a pop.

As for peripherals and stuff, you have to buy mice, keyboards and possibly joysticks for a PC.

In the end, it's best to have a decent PC and at least 1 console on hand.

Top Offline
Author

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Agreed.

Top Offline
Author

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Obviously this topic is pretty much at its end, I got a comment though. If anyway possible(I know I can't), you can raise around 10 grand($10,000) and buy a Dell Renegade, it'll buy you around 10 years maybe(if the PC industry doesn't strike up a rush of new technology like cell phones now, have one for a year and its considered to old too have things like cases and crap in stock for that kind). I prefer consoles, but don't we need PC's and machines to create consoles and games? I'm not degrading consoles, I prefer consoles like I said because it is true, it does save $$ unlike upgrading a PC every 12-18 months. PC's suck $$ wise, but are good in the fact that you need them and machines to create games and consoles.

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
 Top Offline
Author

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject:

You don't need a computer to slap together some hardware. You do need it for coding and programming though.

We're talking about gaming rigs. Not developer PCs.

I assume it's realized that a console is just a gaming computer that you don't have to upgrade. (And is of course limited in the kinds of software it supports.)

Top Offline
Author

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject:

if u take the ps2 and break down the parts. from wat my friend said its like a

350mhz pros.
64mb ram and a 32mb card.

u may think thats bs BUT. all the ps2 is running is the game really. nothing else so none of components are working on dif things. just on one main purpose(hence play the game for u slow ppl).like yah u need a decent computer to run games cuz ontop of running the game your running the os system, background programs, so on and so on. plus ontop of that u have ur adaware and spyware bogging down ur pc also.(if u scan often u really dnt have to worry bout it).

yes the ps3 actualy has one of the fastest prossesors on teh market. i belive its duel 3ghz. out of all of the system the ps3 has better preformance and gfx. but u pay a buttload for it which cancels all thos good things out lol.

XBOX LIVE : h4ck3d data***GO BROWNS!***
 Top Offline
Author

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject:

TE-Hybrd$n!pr wrote:
if u take the ps2 and break down the parts. from wat my friend said its like a

350mhz pros.
64mb ram and a 32mb card.

u may think thats bs BUT. all the ps2 is running is the game really. nothing else so none of components are working on dif things. just on one main purpose(hence play the game for u slow ppl).like yah u need a decent computer to run games cuz ontop of running the game your running the os system, background programs, so on and so on. plus ontop of that u have ur adaware and spyware bogging down ur pc also.(if u scan often u really dnt have to worry bout it).

yes the ps3 actualy has one of the fastest prossesors on teh market. i belive its duel 3ghz. out of all of the system the ps3 has better preformance and gfx. but u pay a buttload for it which cancels all thos good things out lol.

...That may have been an overstatement of the obvious.

The PS3 has a single cell processor with 7 SPEs, each is an independant processor with a combined speed clocked at 3.2 ghz. Even if it is possible for them to go beyond 4 ghz, it's all restricted by overheating and whatnot. At the top of all that is the PPE, which is a 64 bit processor that tracks all of the SPEs processes.

The PS3 is so christing expensive due a lot in part to the Blu-ray disc technology used in it. But of course that fancy Cell processor cost Sony more than what some people will make in a lifetime.

Top Offline
Author

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject:

yah but blue ray is almost as bad as HD DvDs

XBOX LIVE : h4ck3d data***GO BROWNS!***
 Top Offline
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3